What the hell?

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Always the bridesmaid ...


I can't believe my little sis is getting married. We went wedding dress shopping in Des Moines on Sunday with my mom, two aunts, baby sister and cousin. And after much soul-searching and stress, settled on a very pretty – yet simple – dress from Schaefer's, which apparently is where my mom bought her wedding dress 30 years ago. 

During our stop at Davids Bridal, my sister had her co-maids of honor (myself and my other sister) try on bridesmaid dresses. And even though this is my third time as a bridesmaid, it's still fun to try on the pretty dresses and twirl around. Actually, I think it's more fun than actually trying on wedding dresses, because you don't have the pressure of having to make a decision – it's all the fun and none of the hassle.

These are the ones my sister the bride liked the best, and I think it's a good choice, despite my initial reluctance to go strapless. I think it will look good on everyone. 


4 Comments:

  • At 9:26 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    That's a great dress from David's. I've seen bridesmaids in it at a few weddings, and no matter each girls shape and size they all seem to look great in it. You and your sister look wonderful. What color are they going to be?

    I had such a great time wedding dress shopping. Of course, I found "the one" with the third dress I tried on so that made it a lot more fun. I always feel for the girls that try on like 50 dresses before finding one they like.

     
  • At 1:57 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    She wants them to be watermelon, but my mom's not crazy about that color, so we'll see. Mom's pretty much calling the shots on this thing b/c her and dad are paying for everything :)

     
  • At 3:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    That's a nice pink color. Plus what color she chooses to go with it will make a big difference in terms of decor, invites, etc.

     
  • At 2:04 PM, Blogger MaggieCat said…

    I sometimes wish I had tried on wedding dresses just to have had the experience, but I'm glad Mom made mine. It's kinda a family tradition since she made her dress, Grandma made her own, ect.

    But, yah, it would have been fun to play dress up. I've never gotten to do that since my Mom also made my two bridesmaid's dresses for my Aunt Alicia's for two weddings.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home